Sunday, February 5, 2012

Its never to Late to Slow Down and Smell the Roses!

The past few weeks have been interesting to say the least!! I started volunteering at the Bishop's store house and love it!! It is nice to be able to get out and serve! I would have been there more this past week, but I got into a car accident and have been without a car, which makes it hard to do much of anything. I also started my new job and although training is tedious and will take me pretty much two more months I feel like I am where I need to be for the moment. I am going to go back and get an associates in Business Management in hopes that I can stay in the apartment complex that I am in right now, and also because I think that I am more business minded than I thought. So many things happen in my life each and every day, but I am learning and with each lesson I grow more firm in my faith and more grounded in my testimony.
There is something to helping others and being reminded that there are people that are way worse off than I ever thought of being. Helping them has opened my eyes to what it must be like to never have enough to take care of those that you love or even just yourself. It is humbling to have to ask for help and it isn't easy to go and say that I can't take care of this, but when you do you get to see the Lord in action through His chosen leaders and other children. I must say that He is so very mindful of what we need and knows that He can reach us if we ask Him to. I struggle with this and now that I am getting some help I am realizing that there is no shame in asking when you are doing all that you can to make ends meet and it just isn't working out the way that you planned. Time to swallow the pride and realize that none of us can do it alone, we all need help in one way or another. That is just the way that it is... even rich people have their problems that they need help with. No one in this mortal life is exempt from needing to ask for help.
The accident was not so fun, but upon reflection of why it might have happened (other than me running a red, due to I don't even really know what) and what I can learn from it and how to apply those lessons in my life I have come to a rather startling discovery for myself.... I need to slow down!!! I was overlooking the blessings that the Lord was giving me and not allowing myself the time to reflect and think of the ways that I am being blessed. If I don't take the time to stop and smell the roses so to speak then I am not able to seek and find the answers that I am asking for. I need these answers if I want to progress in this life. There is no way that I can get to the Celestial Kingdom if I am rushing around neglecting the answers that I am being given. If I want to get married and have solid and amazing friendships then I had better start applying the answers that I have been given and will be given, so that I am what the Lord needs me to be. I can't be what I want to be and I for sure can't help people with seeking the answers that they need to keep progressing with me. I thought the accident that I got in last April was my wake up call, but I guess I needed two more to really get it. Now that I hope I have it I can move forward and make sure that I am taking the time needed to get my answers and get myself fully on the path back to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!!
I have so many relationships that I need to repair and I hope that you can all bare with me and let me get to you as I am able. I want to fix it all right now, but I know that I can't been there and tried that... it just kills me to be pulled in that many directions. I am going to fix them each one by one until those that are left in my life know where we stand and know what our friendship means to me. I value my friendships and relationships so dearly and so deeply that I hurt losing any that take the time to help me in any way. I am weak and I know this but I also know that with great people surrounding me I become strong and so do all those that are part of the great fabric of our lives... we are as weak as our weakest link and when you take the time to strengthen that then we can all become stronger and more unified together.

No comments:

Post a Comment