Friday, February 17, 2012

Lessons Learned!!

  The past few weeks have been riveting to say the least. I totaled my car, got started in a job, got my first paycheck and am in the hunt for a bike. I am learning that I am able to handle  lot more than I thought I could. I think that not having a car is going to help me to get back into shape. There are other lessons that I have to learn and that I  am learning and this time really trying to learn. The more I open my eyes and look at the world around me the more I realize how closed my eyes have been. The more I realize this the more I recognize that I have hurt so many people that have tried to help or that I have pushed away, so that I can hide my true self and especially the issues that I have. I am trying to change that one person at a time and make up my selfishness in the most simple of ways. I have a long ways to go and many people to as forgiveness from. One day restitution will be made and I can feel as though I have done all that I can to make things better between me and them.
  The Lord sure does know me and what I need to grow and overcome my biggest hurdle, myself. This being said I am trying to get over myself and then go from there. There is something liberating about come to terms with my weaknesses and open up to the ways that I need to change and how I need to do it. I can't say that it is going to be easy, but I know that it will be worth it. I have so many things that I need to get through, that it is going to be something of a miracle in my life when all is said and done. I can see that the Lord is answering my prayers and that lets me know that He is aware of me and answers the prayers that I don't always voice. This past year or so has been one of the most amazing journeys that I have ever been on and I know that the next year is bound to be one miracle after another! Here's to that!
 With each passing hour comes the knowledge that life is livable and that I can make it. I am going to be happy even when things look like they are going all wrong. Happiness is far more worth it than living in the dark abyss that I have been in for most of my life. True happiness comes from within and I am the one that controls that not the circumstances around me!! Here is to the learning that keeps coming my way and the blessings that I have yet to recognize!!

No comments:

Post a Comment