Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Again with conversion~

Sorry it has been a few days!! I haven't really had much to say. I have been pondering and reflecting and trying to see what I have to offer the world. I am still trying to figure that out, but I was just taught from a friend a very valuable lesson in choosing words carefully as they might not give the right message. Thank you dear friend, now I can pay more attention to what I am writing and make sure that I get the right message across!
 Tonight I am going to keep it short and sweet and light! After our discussion I was baptized and then that Sunday confirmed by the laying on of hand of those in authority to perform this ordinance (this authority is called the priesthood and is the same authority that Christ gave his apostles in the New testament). When I received this great blessing and as the men that were in the circle around me laid there hand on my head to bestow upon me the gift of the Holy Ghost I felt once again the burning testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel from the tips of my toes to the top of my head and that is when I felt completely clean and whole! It was an amazing Sunday with a baby blessing to follow me and then I was able to partake of the Sacrament for the first time and renew the covenants that I had just made and then to boot I was blessed to sing in a quartet in front of the congregation. This will forever remain one of my favorite hymns "Where Can I Turn For Peace" I love it and the sweet memories that it brings each time that I sing it. I was on fire with the gospel and started reading everything that I could get my hands on and although there was not much in Syracuse, I was able to find Jesus the Christ and other stuff and I read like all day everyday. I was talking and learning from the Jehovah's Witnesses before the sisters re found me and when they heard that i had been baptized they stopped by and told me that I was being deceived and needed to check into some scriptures that would tell me that they were wrong. I felt as though they were trying to pull me down and although I read them they did nothing by strengthen my faith and testimony and make me realize that when people don't understand something they tend to try to say that it is wrong before really finding out for themselves! Well I said this was going to be short and sweet, I have much more to share, but I need to get some shut eye and make sure that I say it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment