Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back the to biggest change of my life!!

So, sorry there was nothing yesterday... my brain was all dried up! I am thinking that a job is right around the corner and it is a good possibility that it is a Dairy is town... I just hope that I get things in and don't get over looked again! The Lord will provide! Back to the conversion!
 We left off with me need some very important questions answered. These questions that I needed answered came up right before I was interviewed by the Elders (the young men that are known for dark suits and bikes) to make sure that I was ready and worthy to be baptized. So, when it comes to me talking about certain things or about me maybe getting emotional (at least at this time is my life) I tend to write letters, to make sure that I can have time to really think out what I need to say and how to say it. This letter contained a lot of my past that I had to go through. Like being gang raped when 11 by 6 boys, being forced to have oral sex with my "best friend", having my mom's best friends son do inappropriate things to me, and my Uncle rape me for two years (almost every day and sometimes more than once a day); I needed to make sure that I was not joining a church that blamed the victim as other churches do for such acts. I had to know that I was not being led into something that would tell me that I was a horrible sinner and that the abuse was my punishment for whatever sins I had committed! If the sisters had said that I was to blame then there is no way that I would have joined, as I knew in my heart that that is not how the Lord saw it. I wrote this letter to them telling them these things and asking the questions that were screaming to be answered, and in the kitchen area of the church building a few day before entering the answers they uttered to most assuring and amazing words to me. I am not able to recall them verbatim, but they told me that the Lord did not want that to happen to anyone and that He was there to take away my pain if I let him. This ability that he has to take away my pain is there for all as that is the reason that he gave his life for us!! After they had taught me this, I knew that I was right where the Lord needed and wanted me to be! I look back now and realize how strongly yet gently the Lord's hand was pushing me along and getting me to a point where I would be baptized in to His Church and find the peace and healing that I had been wanting for so long! The Spirit once again bore witness to me that I was doing the right thing and that I would make it through! The sisters asked me to write my testimony of the Book of Mormon, so that they could insert it in the programs that they had made ( I will post that later as I have to dig it out of my stuff) and allow all that attended to see that I had a testimony. I also think that they knew that I probably would have passed out if I had to get up in front of all those people and bore my testimony, as it was I didn't get up for over two years to bare my testimony in public and that was only in front of a group of like 20!! I do know that the Book of Mormon is the word and work of God and that through its words one can draw close to God than through any other book! I feel that I have said all that I need to say for this one, I will continue tomorrow with the baptismal interview and the actual baptism!! Have a Great Night and Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Blog Crystal!! I just found it I read all of it and love it! I should be studying for finals but this is much more interesting!!

    Love you tons,

    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carly, I love you too... I hope that this brings back fond memories as it sure has for me!

    ReplyDelete