Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Day of Great Blessings!!

 So, today/evening I did something that I don't normally do! I signed up to be part of a social organization on campus at Brigham Young University-Idaho where I am attending school. The organization is called SAA (Student Alumni Association) and I am going to help with Public Relations and networking. After I signed up and was on my way home with my roommates and friends, I suggested that we put together some sort of fundraiser for the devastated South where I labored for 17 months in the great state of Alabama, so that we could help them to recover and know that they are loved. I had no idea that this idea would spawn events that we hope will bring much needed relief to those victims of such destruction!! I am excited to see what happens and we are going to try to networks this into two states and make sure that there are tons of supplies and money and whatever else we can gather to send those wonderful people and help them in their greatest hour of need. This makes me love life all the more!! Now back to the conversion story!!
 So I left off in November around mid-terms and my meeting up with the sister missionaries again. This time it was two different sisters (as I don't have permission to use their names I will leave them as the sisters). They had to work hard to get a hold of me as I was busy with school, sining in the local Catholic Church choir, and volunteering at the same Catholic Church which was like less than a mile a way from my house where I helped in the kitchen on Bingo night and also with whatever else they needed help with. I love to serve people and this kept me busy. The sisters decided that they needed to meet me, so they knocked every door on my street which is a half mile long and then they finally were able to meet up with me. I was once again rescheduled to meet with them and we met I think that Saturday, where they start teaching me once again. Since they weren't allowed in my home we walked up to the park about a block away in the cold with snow flurries and there I was taught about Joseph Smith and the great vision that he had. (He saw God the Father and Jesus Christ in a grove of trees in Palmyra, New York! I know that this is true) They set a return appointment and we began to become friends. One of the sisters was moved into another area and a new sister came with the other sister a few weeks later. These are the two sisters that were patient enough to work with me and commit me to be baptized just a few short months later! They were also bold enough to make it so that I finally made it to church. I was a hard one that didn't always do what they asked me to do and was not really that into the lessons at first. They taught me a lesson in the back of their car and that is when things really started to change!! I made big changes, such as no more smoking and pretty much no more cussing (that one was harder than smoking) and then started to pay a bit more attention to what it was that they were teaching me. As I mentioned before I sang in a church choir and this is what held me back from making it to church with the missionaries, but they finally got me to go by setting up a ride for me to get there and not allowing me to cancel as I was going to sing in the choir!! I made it and with in two weeks was asked to be baptized, read the Book of Mormon and received a sure witness that I was doing what the Lord desired me to do. I am going to stop now and share more about this experience tomorrow and some other things that went down that changed my heart and opened my eyes to what the gospel has to offer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment