Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lessons from Children!

 Today was great!! Not because I got to do all that I intended to do, but because I was taught why it is that we must be as innocent and trusting as a child is. I was blessed to watch an amazing two year old and witness unconditional love as she wrapped her tiny arms around me in the library. I did nothing to elicit this reaction, but knew that she did it simply because she loved me and wanted to show that love through a hug! Such tender moments remind me that Heavenly Father does know each of us and loves us enough to send His Son to save us! I am so grateful that the day before Easter I was able to be reminded of that great and amazing sacrifice that was made and overcome this very day! I am so amazed at the tender mercies and kindness that have been shown me that I am humbled to think that I am here this day to feel this power!
 There is no greater knowledge to have then that of the Resurrection of the Savior so that we might live! With the knowledge we find hope in this life and the fact that we are loved by our Father who is in Heaven! As I reflect on this greatest of all sacrifices of all I am called to remembrance of the greatness of the man that gave his life that I might live and have the opportunity to be forgiven of my sins, mistakes, and overcome my trials, tribulations, and sufferings (self inflicted as well as those that are inflicted by others) and so that I don't have to think that I am alone in my pains and afflictions. This was lost by me for a while, but I have been reawakened to this knowledge and love and am starting to heal from all that pain that I have carried within myself for much too long and have thought that there is no way for me to be whole! This reawakening comes so perfectly that I can only grow stronger in my testimony of being a beloved daughter of God and that there is a means whereby my burdens can be made light as I turn my heart to the Savior and allow him to take this pain and all that is associated with it and make it so that I am stronger and so that I am able to reach out and help those around me to know of this love and give them the assurance that they are not alone with the struggles that they are facing. What better message to share with others?
 I love all of my family members (even the ones that don't approve of the religion that I am trying to live), I love all of my friends who give me strength and courage to continue on the path that I am on ( they have no idea how much they have saved me from the darkness that was seeping into my soul even when the Spirit was present, you will always be welcome and accepted into where ever I live and will be given love and respect, even if you don't agree with all that I am doing. There is no way that I would still be "alive" today without all of you!! Just remember that when you feel as though you have never done anything for anybody that is spectacular, because you have!!) I love the Savior and my Heavenly Father! I am trying to build my faith to be so strong that truly nothing can cause me to waver and so that I never have a desire to do anything that is evil. I am so grateful for the scriptures and the answers that they provide, for without those answers I would not be who I am today. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's church in its fullness restored once again on the earth. I know that prayer is how we receive the peace that we seek. I know that charity is the pure love of Christ and that the more I become full of this charity I truly become as he is and that is who I want to be like. I know that there is a life after this one and that it is far beyond anything that we can imagine as we will be happy with whatever lot we have chosen! I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment