Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My conversion!

 Before I jump into my conversion into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I have to share  little about my day! So, today started as any normal day normally does, me fighting the urge to stay in bed until like 15 minutes before I have to leave. I went to my classes came home unwound for a bit and then got some homework done. Then, I heat news that no missionary ever wants to hear! That a natural disaster (tornado in my case) has ripped through the areas that you labored in and learned to love the people there so much. I am still reeling from the pictures that I have seen that prove that they are going to need to do  lot of rebuilding and this brings me to my point. I want to go back and help sooo bad! I can't though, for one I don't have the funds and for two school is kind of in the way. Maybe over break I will be able to go for a week and help them with rebuilding some houses or something. I just want to help!! Okay enough about that, please pray for them!!
 So, onto the conversion that still is happening today! I was introduced to the gospel in a most peculiar way (at least it was to me at the time) and at the most perfect time. I was found through the efforts of two young ladies that the Church calls sister missionaries knocking on the door at the house where I happened to be house sitting at. They introduced themselves to me in this manner: "Hi, we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, do you believe in God?" When I heard this I was kind of taken aback, but as I am one to enjoy learning about new things that I have never heard about before I answered yes and allowed them to share a brief message. They had to leave for another appointment, but set up another meeting with me for like a week later. I didn't read what they gave me, but I was pretty sure that I was going to learn something that I had never heard before. The week passed without much difference for me, just getting up and going to class at the community college and doing homework and what not. They finally got back with me and I let them in, my mother was asleep at the time, but that was okay they were there for me any ways. I listened to them and was astounded by what I heard, it really was like nothing that I had heard before. I watched the olympics of 2002 without picking up any of the "mormon" jokes that they put out there or anything else that they said about the Church. As they were teaching me about the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ my father came in and well needless to say he wasn't in his right mind and started screaming that his daughter was getting taught my the mormons and then proceeded to go outside and do the same thing, mind you it is like 8pm so the neighbors almost called the cops. Before my dad left the house to voice himself outside, he told me that they don't believe in Christ and that is when I jumped in with the soft covered Book of Mormon that the missionaries had just given me and by highlighting with my fingers the name of Jesus Christ proceeded to defend the Church. Mind you I had no idea at this time that that was what I was doing. I was just not one to allow another to bash something that they knew nothing about. I was not able to meet with those sister again as they we no longer welcome in my home and they had some emergencies come up that took them far away. I would not meet up with missionaries again until November when it was time to take mid terms. I think that this is sufficient for one night. I will continue tomorrow with more of this great journey that I am on!! Have a Great Night and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment