Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another Day another....

Today was really good!! Just had class and what not, but was able to learn and grow which is always a plus!! Now back to the story!!
 I am going to go back and fill in some spots that need to be filled in!! Back to when the new sister came into the picture!! They started the lessons over again just to make sure that I got what they were teaching and what not! I was a stubborn child and didn't want to go to church, due to obligations with the catholic church that I sung with. They taught me pretty much every week for a month and a half (more like two months). And now I must tell you the joys of alternate locations!! As I have said before not allowed in my house, so we went to the park or other places, so, that I could be taught and that is how I ended up in the back of their car for a lesson. It was a great lesson on the Plan of Salvation ( I will share more about that later) and the Word of Wisdom, which is a law of health that asks/tells us not to smoke, drink, or do things that are harmful to our bodies. This is the lesson that finally got me to quit smoking!! They didn't even know that I was smoking and didn't have to ask me to stop!! I just did as my new year's resolution and it was easy as one tow three, I only tried once more to see if I had kicked it and the answer was yes it made me almost throw up!! My next big step was attending church, this was met when one of the sisters called me and informed me that I was singing in the Christmas program and my ride would be there at 730am to pick me up, and then said we love you see ya tomorrow, good night, and hung up! Needless to say I went to church the next day and it literally changed my life! I went in well, a Scotland golf shirt that was dark green with a red checkered picture of Scotland on the left breast and black pants that I had to roll three times and pin so they would fit... I was a mess that was for sure!! The members welcomed me and put me to work singing second soprano, like way hard to sing when you really don't know what you are doing and have never even seen any of the music before, let alone heard what it sounds like!! I managed to learn it in 45 minutes and ran into the Air Force recruiter that I worked with as I was thinking of joining the military at that time and had been working with him for about three years. It was a welcome surprise as I don't do well in settings where I don't know anyone and there is a lot of people (both requirements for my anxiety were met that is for sure!!!). That week I met with the sisters at a member house on Monday and had a family night with others that were around my age. We ate dinner and then the sister missionaries and an older couple that were missionaries also team taught me. It was a great lesson I am sure I really don't remember what it was about, because the whole time I knew that they were going to ask me to enter the waters of baptism. THEY DID and I being me said "yeah, sure, why not?" to which they asked again I said yes and we set the date for Thursday January 4, 2004. The best day of my life to that point! I will stop here as it is late and I want to keep you coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment